These questions are listed in the frequency by which they are asked
1. Why can't I Check-In and do my paperwork at your office?
A. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic our office is now paperless as well as pen-less. Therefore:
2. Do you offer the Covid-19 swab test to see if I am currently infected?
3. Do you offer the Covid-19 antibody test to see if I have been exposed in the past?
4. I got a bill and it should have been paid by my insurance because it was my Free yearly physical.
A. We literally get a call like this a few times a month. Here is the answer:
5. I got a bill for the follow up visit to my physical that should have been covered by my insurance.
A. This is the second most asked question we get. Here is the answer:
6. I came in for my Free yearly physical and it got billed as a consultation. Can you resubmit it?
A. If in the middle of a physical you start discussing any symptoms. It stops being a physical and it turns into a consultation. And no, it cannot be resubmitted as a physical, that would be fraud.
7. Can I have a physical and a consultation at the same time?
8. Why are patients required to have voicemail, text, and email?
A. Being able to reach patients is extremely important, especially when it involves time sensitive lab results. Not having all 3 will disqualify you from becoming our patient.
9. Are patients really terminated if their voicemail is full or disconnected 3 separate times?
10. How long has Dr. Coker been in practice ?
A. Since June 2000. She opened her Brickell office on 12-12-12 and moved to Coconut Grove in 2020.
11. Does Dr. Coker's make all final decisions?
A. Dr. Coker makes all final decisions regarding medical and patient care. All other matters, including adhering to office policies, billing, and discharging patients due to non compliance are made by our Senior Partner Marc Marchello.
12. Does Dr. Coker speak Spanish?
13. Do I need a referral to see a specialist?
A. It depends on your insurance, call the number for Customer Service in the back of your card to find out.
14. How do I find a good specialist?
A. Your insurance can provide you with a list of specialists near you. We also suggest going to ZocDoc.com and reading patients reviews there.
15. Can Dr. Coker's practice recommend a specialist?
A. No. We have done that in the past to mixed results as of 2020 we have opted not to.
16. I made an appointment online and it was cancelled. Why did this happen?
A. There are many reasons why this would happen, we will list some of them here.
17. I am a new patient. What is your Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy?
A. Two full days minimum.
Cancelling or rescheduling one day before your visit will prevent you from becoming our patient. No Exceptions.
18. I am an existing patient. What is your Cancellation and Reschedule Policy?
A. Two full days minimum.
19. Are all scheduled visits really cancelled after 10 minutes?
20. Where do I go to get my blood drawn?
A. You have 2 options.
Option 1: Go to either LabCorp or Quest depending on your insurance.
No co-payment or deductible apply.
Click below for locations.
Option 2: You can have it done in our office. However, your co-payment and deductible will apply.
21. Can I schedule a fasting blood work up in the afternoon?
A. No. They must be done before 10:30 a.m.
22. How do I get my lab results?
A. Follow these steps:
23. Do I have to pay for my appointment to go over my results?
A. Yes. Your co-payment and deductible apply to all visits other than your yearly physical.
24. Can I refuse a follow up appointment to discuss abnormal test results?
A. If your results are abnormal we will do our due diligence to contact you. If you refuse a follow-up appointment or if we do not hear back from you within 30 days, you will receive a certified letter terminating our Doctor/Patient relationship.
25. Does your practice do "Executive Physicals"?
26. What is the age group of patients Dr. Coker sees?
A. From 10 to 65 years old. For patients who are younger than 10 please look for a Pediatrician.
Patients over 65 should find a Geriatric Physician, Dr. Coker is not Medicare certified.
Gilma Marimon, MD
3661 S Miami Ave Suite 503
Miami FL, 33133
Nearest Geriatric Physician:
Raul Tano, MD
8299 S Dixie Highway
Miami FL, 33143
27. Can Dr. Coker recommend a center where patients can get their ultrasound, MRI, and other tests done?
A. No. Dr. Coker provides patients with an order form, each patient must then contact their insurance and find a center that their insurance will cover and pay for.
28. Does Dr. Coker have reviews by patients who actually saw her?
A.Yes, hundreds of them, just go to www.ZocDoc.com and enter her full name Alicia Coker MD.
29.Can I make a first time appointment for someone else?
A. If the patient is under 18 years of age a parent or guardian can make an initial appointment, otherwise no.
30. My child just turned 18, do I still have access to his/her medical records?
A. No. Under the law your child is now an adult. If he/she is already our patient we will need their direct phone number and direct email.
31. Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
32. Do you accept Medicare supplemental plans?
33. Do you accept self-pay patients without insurance?
34. Do you prescribe or refill ADD/ADHD medication?
35. Do you prescribe or refill chronic pain medication?
36. I am an existing patient, can your office prescribe new medications over the phone?
A. No. This includes medications for colds, flu like symptoms, UTIs, allergies, etc.
37. Can your office prescribe existing medications over the phone?
A. Yes, within 30 days of your last visit
38. How long can your office refill BCPs or prescriptions for chronic conditions?
A. Up to one year. After 365 days you will need to schedule an appointment.
39. Does your office have free parking?
40. What is your fax Number?
41. What is your email?
A. It is MiamiFamilyMedicine@gmail.com
Thank you for taking the time to read our FAQs. If you did not find your answer call 305-392-0449.